Now Hiring for 2023 season
Updated: Mar 14
PART TIME JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT ELY OUTFITTER
Outfitting Assistant, House Keeping, and Tow Service help.
Get to know us:
Packsack Canoe Trips & Log Cabins is a small (and fun!) family-owned resort and BWCA Outfitting business that has three lakeside cabins and a lodge/bunkhouse on the property. We are located on Fall Lake in Winton, MN which is about 3 miles east of Ely. The business has been in the family since 2000. The 2nd generation has owned the business for five seasons now with the assistance from the 1st generation. Besides cabin rentals, we also provide full and partial canoe outfitting services including boats and motors for Boundary Wates travelers.
Summary of Positions:
House Keeping: Maintaining clean, sanitary and safe standards in lodge/bunkhouse and cabins. Lodge/bunkhouse duties are daily and cabins are usually weekly (or whenever guests check-out).
Outfitting: Assistance with preparing and organizing outfitting for groups. Including but not limited to, packing of meals and equipment for groups of campers. Driving to and from entry points.
Portage Help: Assisting the Towboat Driver with portaging the towboat, gear, and canoes across the Newton and Pipestone Portages. This is a physically demanding job, being able to lift up to 75 lbs is a plus.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License.
• Must be willing to approach and greet public.
• Must be willing to participate in continuous learning and training.
• Able to lift or carry 50-75 lbs a plus.
• Having knowledge of the BWCAW and Ely area is a plus.
What can we offer you for all of your hard work?
• Hourly wage based on experience and position.
• Free and/or discounted rates on equipment and watercrafts for your personal use during employment.
• Lakeside lodging if needed.
· A summer packed with wonderful experiences!!
If this opportunity interests you, please email us your information and/or any questions you have.
We look forward to meeting you!
-Nick and Danielle